Website PPA Company
Job title: Assistant Production/Technical Leader
Location: Guildford, Surrey
Assistant Technical/Production Leader – Job Description
Reporting to: Technical/Production Leader
Full Time permanent role
PPA is a Performing Arts Higher Education College based in Guildford, Surrey. Our aim is to provide a nurturing and supportive environment in which every single student and employee is valued as an individual. Our BA Hons Degree courses in Acting for Stage and Screen and Performance in Musical Theatre are validated by De Montfort University. We also offer a 3 Year Diploma in Musical Theatre Course and One Year Foundation Courses in both Musical Theatre and Acting. PPA is a recognised contender amongst its competitors, offering the very best teaching across all disciplines.
As Assistant Technical/Production Leader, you will work directly with the Technical/Production Leader, technical crew and creatives to make sure the technical and creative elements of productions are completed safely, on time and on budget. You will be expected to respect the goals of the senior management team and ensure all activities fall within budget or quota. You should provide positive motivation to your colleagues and students to keep each project running smoothly.
– To perform Stage Management duties on PPA productions and projects.
– To source, manage and maintain Props and furniture for productions.
– Create and distribute rehearsal schedules and key documentation to internal and external staff and students.
– Create prompt scripts for productions and Projects.
– Cue/Operate lighting and sound technicians as required.
– Support the rehearsal process as required.
– To lead or assist as required with pre-rigging, get-ins and get-outs.
– To maintain all areas of the theatre including scenery store, props store, technical store, dressing rooms and rehearsal room.
– Undertake managing PPA projects as required.
– Liaise with Technical/Production Leader regarding budgets.
– Maintain backstage and onstage area during production weeks.
– Record and upload any assessments as required.
The successful applicant must:
Be prepared to work at height (up ladders) and operate power-tools when needed.
– Have the ability to work under pressure and use problem solving skills.
– The ability to cope with long hours and intense periods of work in the lead up to, and during production weeks.
– Maintain Industry Standard Health and Safety guidelines.
Closing date: 1st December
Applications email/URL: firstname.lastname@example.org Company name: PPA Company website: www.ppacademy.co.uk Company tagline:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.