The SMA works for stage managers and stage management in UK.
All types of performances need creative stage management. We support, develop, represent and promote the work of members in the profession - Supporting Excellence in Performance
SMA Members say...
- "Thank you!"
- As usual, a prompt and helpful response from your goodselves. Many thanks for the information..
- Once again I thank you for all your help resolving my contract issue. I will not hesitate to contact the SMA again if I need assistance in the future and recommend all members to do the same
- ....you guys are endlessly helpful and supportive. Thank you!
- "Just Brilliant!"
- A huge thank you for visiting the school It was great for the school and course to have your support; we're chuffed we are now members of SMA!
- Thank you so much for your response and advice - really really useful!
- I've just finished reading the latest Cueline and it really feels like the gold standard of backstage reporting - funny, diverse, well-written, interesting. It's brilliant!
- I must say as a credit to the SMA, reading backdated issues of Cueline is super interesting and informative, really glad I became a member!
You're an inspiration to us all!
"Thanks for being such a wonderful source of information, you are amazing!"
You have been a fantastic support and service for all the years I have been a member.
"SMA training is the best...."
- “Two days after completing Level 2 of @SMAssoc Cueing to Music, I was invited to do a music test at Opera North which led to me being offered a job as ASM in their Autumn season this year. I have also just finished a job as DSM for a small production of The Marriage of Figaro, which I couldn't have done without the skills Andrew Killian taught me.
- Just opened my 3rd opera as DSM after taking the @SMAssoc 'Cueing to Music' course. Highly recommend it to all ASMs
- Hello! We got an excellent SM from you in July for the first part of our Theatre Tour. We need the same for our October shows so please can you send me the Freelist and post an ad for us?
- Thanks for making sure I was included in Freelist this month - it was great as it lead to enquiries and at least one interview please could you take me off the list as I have now accepted a job.
- As usual the free list has worked its magic and I’m now all booked up!
- "It’s things like this which as a freelancer really make you feel supported by the SMA".
- Thanks so much for helping me to join the SMA. After being on the free list for a couple of days I was kicking myself for not joining sooner…
- "...thanks to the fantastic Freelist I am now booked up with excellent work for five months"
- The phone did not stop ringing for about a week with job offers and interviews
- "..love the Freelist"
- "AMAZING and life-changing service: I've been overwhelmed by the response I've had from being on the Freelist. Thank you so much for providing this"
- I have been a member of the SMA for almost one year and I have got most of my jobs mainly through your SMA freelist. Thank you so much
- "...that's amazin' !"
WHAT WE STAND FOR
PROVIDING TRAINING AND SERVICES
STAGE ELECTRICS GENEROUSLY SUPPORT SMA TRADE SHOWS
AND EVENTS Come and try out Stage Electrics latest Prompt Desk on PLASA Stand U17
SMA are at PLASA Show Stand U17
Our next OPEN MEETING of SMA Prompt Desk Working Group at PLASA:
Tuesday 17th September at 10:00 - 10:45 AM in the Audio and AV Theatre
We will present results of the SMA Prompt Desk Survey and discuss new design initiatives
and draft guidelines for prompt corner specifications, design and use of the equipment.
Working towards new and safer designs for a new generation of prompt desks
Coming soon - Worldwide!!
Mandy.com is the largest global, creative community which empowers creative professionals to find work, promote themselves and network within the arts and media industries.
Members get 25% discount on Mandy.com jobs pages
SMA is a PIPA strategic partner